Hylis, Managing Director of the Nadeo Development team, has today revealed that the game modes Elite and Royal will be available as free to play at launch. Nadeo has also stated that they will be doing testing with reduced rail cooldown and rails that are able to destroy rockets.
Nadeo’s business model regarding Shootmania has so far been known to be one-payment games, with standalone expansions. Additionally players who have pre-ordered the game has gotten immediate access to the beta. As mentioned earlier in the article, there is currently not a lot of information regarding this, however it is possible they will stick with the same business model, making the f2p version with Royal and Elite a sort of “demo” of the game, sort of similar to how Trackmania Nations Forever has been for Trackmania.
This information was released in a video posted earlier today, aimed at the PAX convention this weekend. Hylis was also interviewed on fnaticTV where he answered more questions regarding the topic.
In the same interview Hylis also talked about weapon changes during the next weeks:
- Rails will be able to destroy rockets.
- Rail reload time will be reduced, syenergizing with point 1.
- Attackers will now also be forced to use the Nucleus gun in tunnels, like the defenders.
What Nadeo aims to do with these weapon changes is mainly introducing new tactics and emphasizing reaction speed even further than currently.
Latest posts by Reacto (see all)
- SMES Online Cup #1 (CPH Games Tickets): SK Gaming win - March 8, 2013
- ShootMania $100,000 Launch Week Tournament - March 6, 2013
- Swedish Aimers picked up by team Malik - January 11, 2013